Whew. This school year has been a heck of a ride. I’ve struggled with lots of things, like burnout, and had some major successes, like hitting 90%+ with my level twos, without them really even realizing it. The year has been full of ups and downs, but I’m really hoping to reenergize and revamp this summer. That includes sharing some things with you on the blog this summer, which I definitely neglected during the stressful parts of the year.
- Have a blast at iFLT 15, learning, growing, and sharing with some great people
- Blog more often, 1-2 times a week, if I can
- Get intimately acquainted with the I-can statements from ACTFL
- Develop my units a little bit more – this year was crazy without the textbook and there are things that I’d like to do better
- Familiarize myself with new technology to use in the classroom, like Explain Everything! and PearDeck or Nearpod (which do you prefer?)
- Find more #authres that can be integrated into my specifically novice level classes, and more importantly, design great activities to go with them, à la Lisa Shepard and Amy Lenord.
- Read through the TPRS novels I got at OFLA and pick some I like, maybe to incorporate, if I can
- Purge!!! Hard copies I’ve never reused, bookmarks I never read, random things that as a teacher, I have a tendency to hoard …
- RELAX. I am notoriously bad at relaxing. If you don’t believe this, ask my husband.
- Pack up/purge my apartment; it’s too small and we have to upgrade
- Read at least 5 books for fun
- Start exercising again, like running and yoga
- Do some serious cooking, baking, and prepping for next school year
I’ll refrain from the rest of my crazy personal goals, but that’s what I want to start with this summer.
What are your summer goals?