Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great week!
I thought that this year, with my focus on positivity, I’d start posting on “joli jeudi,” where I share some “pretty” awesome things that happened this week (my adjective of choice right now is “beautiful,” so it’s fitting!)
- I love my schools and my department! They’ve been so great, welcoming, helpful, and hilarious this past week and I can’t wait to learn and grow more with them
- Sharing the crêpe/taco sheet with students and colleagues. My students did so well describing “school” and describing movies. Then, I got to share with several colleagues who loved it and got to share with their classes, too!
- My students’ enthusiasm. “Can we learn a lot of French today?” “I want to speak to people in France!” “Je favori sport es basketball” – that one was from a student who only asked about a couple of words! What an excitement to learn!
- Technology! Man. Being 1:1 devices is AMAZING. I love it so much. The things I can do in and out of the classroom, as well as the great things my students put together … I can’t explain how great it is.
- Traveling. When I tell people that I’m a traveling teacher, they tell me that they’re sorry, but so far, it’s wonderful. I like seeing the outside, changing locations, and meeting phenomenal teachers across several buildings! We’ll talk about this again when the snow hits! ;]
What were some great or positive things that have happened to you this week? I’ve love to hear about them!