Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great week this week! I just wanted to share some awesome things that happened for me this week in an effort to be more positive! (I’ll admit, this week got a little silly)
- Station PD: I always say how awful I am at stations, and today I had an entire day of PD dedicated to it! There were two women who have been piloting it at our school and they did such a phenomenal job at helping us in groups today. We even did our own station rotation to learn about them! They’re really trying to merge station rotation with blended learning and I think that having technology at stations vastly improves my ability to plan for them. I feel so great about the potential use of stations in my class and am excited to see what happens next.
- Meet the Teacher: Tonight is Meet the Teacher night at the HS, and I’m pumped to meet parents and get my face/class out there!
- Growth plan: At my school, we have to write growth plans for the year that align with Marzano’s Domains and Elements. I spent a lot of time making steps that I really wanted to implement in my teaching, and I’m happy to say it was approved today! :]
- Google: Not only did they change their logo (yay, modernization!) but while I had two days of PD this week, I was able to be “with” my students via Google. They shared their docs/slides with me, and I could comment and answer questions while they were in my class, even though I was far away.
- A colleague complimented my pants: Now this seems silly, but if you know me, or have met me in real life, you probably know that I loathe pants with all of my being; I don’t think I was really built to look good in pants. But today a colleague told me that I must be crazy, because the khakis I was rocking today (ick, khakis!) looked great. Thanks, Friend!
The next two are silly and don’t relate at all to work, but …
- I got my 2nd Stitch Fix today! If you don’t know about SF, I highly recommend it. I’ve gotten great fixes, and can share my experience and codes with you if you want! I don’t want to feel like I’m soliciting people on my professional blog.
- My Plum Paper Planner shipped yesterday! I’m SO EXCITED TO GET THIS. Some of you may remember reading that I plan better on paper than I do online, and I scoured the internet this year to find the perfect lesson planner. I made my own last year, but the printing process was a huge burden. So, I watched YouTube videos of people unpacking their teacher planners from the box, read reviews, and searched high and low for coupons. Sorry, Erin Condren lovers, but it just ended up to be too expensive for me, so I got a PPP instead. Look at this beauty (the mock-up even has my name on the cover; this was meant to be)
I can’t WAIT for this to get here and to use it. If you were curious, I ordered the “large” version of their teacher planner.
What were your “joli” moments of this week? I’d love to hear about them!