Hey everyone! This week really has been amazing, so I’ll share some of the positives with you:
- Professional Development: I had two days of PD this week, and while the sub plans made my head spin, I enjoyed both days of PD. One day was on blended learning, and the second on vocabulary instruction. I added some new tools to my tool box and got a chance to hear more about vocabulary from a different perspective, which was nice.
- SBG: With the Standards Based Grading that I’ve implemented this year, retakes are built in. Don’t achieve mastery? Retake. Unhappy with your grade? Retake. I had two girls retake an interpersonal assessment for a higher score (they needed “stretch” to get a higher grade) and they used words they learned themselves on Duolingo. It was so cute I could have cried.
- My PLC: I say it like there’s more than one other person, but seriously, I collaborate daily with one of the greatest people I’ve ever met. She listens, is helpful, we create great stuff, we’re very similar, and we love crazy things like fonts and memes. This is leaps and bounds better than last year’s #deptof1 fiasco.
- Tech update: In our high school, we’re shifting to everyone having an Apple TV … I just don’t have one yet. I was hoping to find a free option for mirroring my iPad to my computer (then using the projector/SMARTboard to display) and today, I happened to be in the right place at the right time! Our Director of Innovation happened to be at my PD today, got to field my question, and set me up with a paid account for that service that the school already owns – SCORE! Can’t wait to try this out soon.
- MY PLANNER IS HERE!!!!! And it is BEAUTIFUL. Seriously, it’s the best planner I’ve ever owned, I’m blown away by the quality, design, and functionality that went into it. I highly recommend Plum Paper and maybe eventually I’ll review that here! In case you missed my tweet, here it is in all it’s beauty:
If you were wondering, yes, I do have other blog posts in the works. I’m trying to share out more than I have before and I need to get a few things collected before I finish those up. They’re coming … Soon.
How joli was your week? I’d love to hear about it!