Well, it seems that break has come and passed, though I’m enjoying this last day off before we head back tomorrow.
Things I’m looking forward to in the next few weeks:
- Seeing my students again
- Finalizing my #oneword2016 (and subsequent post)
- Going to three days of PBL PD
- Exciting units and activities
Also, In case you were wondering about all those goals I made for the break, here’s an update:
Look into starting Real World Homework options w/ students.I’m starting with the Creative Language Class options this unit; you can check out all the ones they have here.
- Redo Bethanie’s big boy sheet Nope, didn’t do that.
Plan for after break. Just a little.I will cross this out, but it’s still a work in progress.
- Play through an entire video game with my husband. Didn’t play through a whole game, though we did get ample opportunity to game together.
Spend at least 4 days unplugged from my phone and my computer.I did this and it was one of the most amazing things that I have ever done. My mind actually got a chance to rest and focus on only ONE thing at a time. I’m actually considering doing this weekly.
- Read at least two books. It’s time for my yearly re-read of Pride and Prejudice, at the very least. I didn’t do this either. Oops.
Laugh uncontrollably.I highly recommend friendship and the game of “things” for this. Rest and relax (I don’t relax well. I am always go-go-go.)See “unplugging” Love on my family and friends. #extrovertsloveholidaysAnd I miss them already.
Things that I did that didn’t make the list:
- Spent my time without a schedule (I am notoriously bad at this. It went really well, though.)
- Became (re)addicted to warm beverages, if only because it makes my hands warmer
- Stopped thinking about teaching for an actually substantial amount of time
- Made a trip to IKEA to furnish my (new) home office/teacher-y space. Isn’t it adorable? (PS a different chair is on its way, and don’t mind the mess on the side.)
I’m really excited about what this year has in store for me, and I can’t wait to share it with you!